Otome Road: Part 1

October 27th, 2011

Well, I got to Otome Road too early today(ok, a few days ago, this is late!) and then it started pouring, so I didn’t do much shopping until the afternoon. I found the Book off (conveniently between Ikeubukuro station and Otome Road) and bought a couple games, then headed over.
Bookoff stuff
Since I hadn’t tried K Books yet, I went there, and it was awesome! Lots of stuff, they have baskets of furoku and thingies that you can’t usually get separately. And a great selection of drama CDs, I really have to make notes of what I want now.
K Books
Yay, a Nachi facecloth, heh. And finally got WagaHana :D
Doesn’t look like too much but several solid purchases in there!

Be Sociable, Share!

post divider

10 Responses to “Otome Road: Part 1”

1. Amal S says:

日本行きたい~乙女とやおいの事買いたい~ww
    ラキー~

Loovelyyy~ you are having fun buying all these goodies :3 :3 <3

2. Rita says:

WAGAHANA I MISS THAT GAME.

I borrowed a friend’s copy, loved it, forgot to return it, and had to deal with an angry friend two months later XD;

3. Cindy says:

I was wondering if you could list all the games in the picture. Thanks

4. lijakaca says:

Sure, in the top pic is Asaki, Yumemishi, FF: Dissidia and VitaminY. In the bottom, from left: Hanayaka Nari, Waga Ichizoku; Shinigami to Shoujo; Gin no Kanmuri, Ao no Namida. The top left is a clearfile from Kanuchi, and the washcloth is from VitaminZ.

5. Raine says:

Hello!

I’m going to Japan (Tokyo, Osaka and Kyoto) next month, and I’m planning to buy (lots) of otome games… Can I ask for an advice of where is the best place/shop to get them from?
    We are probably going to go to Akihabara and Ikebukuro in one of the days that we’re in Tokyo. I haven’t been to Otome Road before, so I’m looking forward to going there!
    Thanks in advance! ^^

6. lijakaca says:

I’m totally jealous! It depends how much time you have to look, and how good your Japanese is to pick them out. Book Off actually has a lot of very good deals, but I think they’re usually mixed in with other games (I’ve forgotten already, it’s so sad). Animate is always good and fairly easy to find (it’s also in both Osaka (several locations) and Kyoto (right downtown near Shijou) as well), but not cheap, really. Mandarake in Akihabara is enormous and awesome, and hard to miss as it’s 8 stories tall. And it will also have games. Everything on Otome Road is recommended (K Books has a games-only store), and though it looks small try not to miss Lashinbang! Oh, if you have trouble finding Otome Road, I have a photo guide which should still be fairly up-to-date.

Traders is a chain of used videogame stores which I found a few things at as well. There’s one on the main street in Akiharabara, and one (maybe on a kinda side street) in Ikebukuro, they’re kind of scattered everywhere.

7. mew says:

Hello! We’re going to Ikebukuro in the future (in a couple of months), Otome Road of course a place to visit.
    Just wondering how much it is on average for games, Drama CDs, furoku and doujin? (or what is a reasonable price for each of these)
    Or just recommend the best places around the area for CDs (seiyuu/drama)?

Since my Japanese isn’t very good, is it recommended to write down all the otome game names in Japanese or something?
    Thank you!!

8. lijakaca says:

Hello! I’m feeling nostalgic for Japan (I wish I was going again soon!) so I might take this opportunity to write another post on shopping for otome stuff!
    In general, new stuff is expensive, used stuff is much cheaper unless it’s rare.
    New game: 5500Y-7000Y
    Used game: Anywhere from 500Y – 5500Y, depending on how old it is, how popular it is, how rare it is, and where you’re looking.
    Drama CDs are usually Y2500-Y3000 new, and the same factors affect used CDs as for games. You can find some really good deals for under Y1000, but you might have to search around.
    Furoku is, by default, used (since it’s been separated from the game/CD/magazine which it came with) so it’s usually pretty cheap – most items are between Y200 and Y800.
    Doujinshi – used – are mostly cheap, from Y250-Y600 each, unless they’re rare. It does take a LONG time to look through them though.
    New doujinshi, I didn’t look at very much (it was all Tiger and Bunny and though I like them, I didn’t want to buy new doujin for it) but I think they mostly ranged from Y800 to Y1200 each.

I’ll put more about locations and strategies later!

9. Raine says:

Hi and Thanks for your advice! I will definitely check out those shops while I’m there….
    I think I will have at most 2 days to go to Akiba, Otome Road and (maybe) Den-den town. I’m not sure if I can drag my hubby to go to Otome Road, actuall, lol. I might have to bribe him first…I really want to go there!

Can’t wait to read your otome shopping guide post! It would be really helpful.. Waiting in anticipation now XD.

Thanks!

10. mew says:

Thank you for a nice response!
    Also, assuming you’ve bought games before, what kind of system requirements do the games require for PC?