Archive for July, 2013
July 31st, 2013
O*G*A has a few drama CDs out already, and Otomate just released a game for PSP, Onigokko Royale, Hunter wa Field de Koi o Suru. The premise is that Onigokko (hide and seek) is now a sport. The heroine enters high school and is recruited to be the OGA team’s manager. OGA stands for Onigokko Grand Athletics.
Characters (this link has all the chara pics, and their names are in English as well so you can see who they are):
Ogaki Ayumu (CV: Suzumura Kenichi) – A first year. He easily melts into the background, so much that it bothers him. Though he’s new to OGA, this talent is serving him well.
Tendou Ran(CV: Morikubo Shoutarou) – A first year in OGA, and a rookie. He’s been watched since he was in middle school, and definitely has skill, but also has a lot of pride and hates to lose.
Kishiro Daichi (CV: Morikawa Toshiyuki) – A third-year, and the head of the OGA club. He makes decisions coolly but has a strong fighting spirit. He has a habit of seeing what’s in someone’s heart by their smell. He’s also called Oni no Daichi.
Tamabuki Fusanosuke (CV: Suzuki Tatsuhisa) – A third-year, and vice-head of the OGA club. He’s very stylish and has a lot of female fans, but always goes at his own pace. His nickname is “Kirakira Tamasama”. His favourite drink is “Dorodoro Peach Au Lait”.
Kagami Ginji (CV: Mori Shingo) – A second year who doesn’t talk much. His forte is gathering and analyzing data. His nickname is the “Ningen (Human) Computer”.
Mitsurugi Kanata (CV: Kamakari Kenta) – A second year and moodmaker, he’s always carryinh sweets. Perhaps because he has several younger sisters, he’s very good at looking after his kouhai. He often teams up with Ginji.
Kagami Shidou (CV: Wada Daisuke) – A first year in the news club who’s very curious and lively, he commentates the OGA matches and is called the OGA-DJ. He’s Ginji’s little brother and Ayumu’s best friend, and often visits the OGA club.
During the regular part of the game, you choose where to go twice a day. You can see where the characters are. Along with the regular love events, when you win a match, you get special team event scenes. There’s also a conversation part which uses Live2D, called Heart Hunt. You have to respond to the guy’s comments and his heart gauge will go up or down accordingly. This part will affect characters’ affection levels so it’s important.
The way you play OGA is you have two teams of three in a field. At each end of the field there’s a Treasure Pole. You get points for touching the pole in the opposing team’s area. If you’re touched by an opposing team member, you have to leave the field for a while.
O*G*A Match System
Before each match you’ll discuss strategy, and then during the game you can tell the team members what to do, such as special attacks. Also, characters who have a high affection level will get increased stats as well.
I just got the game in the mail and haven’t played it yet, but I wanted to get this post out first! Yay for otome games with gameplay!! I hope it’s fun and not too hard…
July 30th, 2013
Man, it’s been too long. Now that Sparkler Monthly #1 is launched, I’m determined to do some blogging here! I missed it.
- New game from Otomate and Sanctuary – Chronostacia. It’s a fantasy set in another world where time is something you can save, buy, loan, etc., and a city called Albion. The heroine Lucia doesn’t remember much of her childhood but grows up safe and happy with her grandfather, when one day it appears that a shadowy group called Baroque is stealing people’s time from the Time Bank. They also proclaim that humanity only has 99 days left. Lucia has an illuminated hourglass, and finds she can stop time with it. She decides to try and get people’s time back. Right now they’ve announced three heros, Lucia’s childhood friend Kyougo, a government/police investigator Clive, and Tio, a young painter.
- Arcana Famiglia 2 on November 14!
- Prince Pia Carrot for the PC! Pia Carrot was a bishoujo game, and somehow I think Pia Carrot was possibly a store mascot first?? or something like that. The setup is that the heroine works at a family restaurant with lots of bishounen.
- Fandisk for Tenge no Hana (this news is old but oh well!) It’s called Yume Akari. I actually enjoyed Tenge no Hana quite a bit (and it WAS really full-voiced, I almost didn’t believe it till I played it). No date as of yet.
- Also, a fandisk for Getsuei no Kusari! Which I still haven’t played…scheduled for late 2013.
- Glass Heart Princess: Platinum will be released November 7. Apparently there are three main parts – Southern Beach Resort (set after the school festival), Triangle Dates, and After Stories.
- Probably not new, but Meiji Tokyo Renka will come out Sep 26 for the PSP.
- Hanasaku Manimani set for Nov 21
- Romeo vs Juliet coming Aug 22
- Full-voice Kin’iro no Corda 3 coming to PSP Sep 19
- Redrawn and novelized Alice in the Country of Hearts coming out October 31. I might get that, as the original takes too long.
- No announcement yet on which console Hakuoki SSL will be for.
- Some info on the flow of Kamigami no Asobi – in the prologue you decide whether to join the student council or club or neither, and this determines whose routes you can enter. Student Council = Apollon, Tsukito, Baldur, Club = Hades, Loki, Takeru. Neither is Anubis and Thoth. However, to enter Anubis’ route you need to finish all 6 main character routes, and for Thoth you must finish Anubis’ route. There’s also a bit of mythology trivia and a ‘box garden’ mode where you place objects and characters. These extra modes can add a couple events and items (not sure whether it’s to the regular game or extras).
July 29th, 2013
Hey, I had written this a long time ago but it was offline so I never posted it. Some news from last month! And this month’s will be up this week as well, though first I am finishing the O*G*A post which I started long ago and never finished.
- Diabolik Lovers Fandisk – More, Blood released October 24
- And of course, the upcoming anime seasons are getting several otome-based series: Diabolik Lovers, Jyuzaengi
- Jyuzaengi 2!! The setting will continue on to the battle at the Red Cliffs. Characters include Shuuyu (CV: Mori Naruichi), Shokatsu Ryou (CV: Sakurai Takahiro)
- A new game with the artist from Nise no Chigiri and Genroh, Nakamura Ryuutoku called Shinobi Koiutsutsu!! It’s set in the Sengoku period (around the time of Tenge no Hana and Nise no Chigiri). Main characters are Garaiya (CV: Shimono Hiro), Anayama Daisuke (CV: Suzuki Tatsuhisa), Sanada Yukikage (CV: toriumi Kousuke), Kirigakure Roudo (CV: Sakurai Takahiro), Sarutobi Sasuke (CV: Terashima Takuma), Yuri Kamakiyo (CV: Ono Yuuki).
- Newly announced from honeybee, Houkago colorful*step, set at Tokiwa Private High School and using a different artist from starry*sky. It focuses on becoming friends and falling in love while striving towards a common goal during club activities. You have a choice of four clubs to join – track, band, basketball, or drama – and of course, the love interests change depending on which you choose. More coming when they announce seiyuu!
- Honeybee’s other new game, Seishun Hajimemashita! is coming out September 26, and it’s finally clear which characters are capturable! For the female character, Chitose, you can romance six male characters, and if you play as Chihaya, the male twin, you can go for three female characters.
- Hakuouki SSL (sweet school life) has two new characters announced, Ryuunosuke and Serizawa from Reimeiroku.
- For the 10th anniversary of Corda d’Oro, Koei is releasing Kin’iro no Corda 3 fully-voiced for the PSP. I may get this IF it has extra material. It’s supposed to be released in September.
- Quinrose announces the sequel/fan disk/whatever for Shinigami Kagyou, Shinigami Shogyou. Release date TBD.
- Snow Bound Land, the completely new game from Otomate, is set for September 26 and looks gorgeous. Characters are: Gelda, the heroine (which always reminds me of Beastmaster and Prince), Kai (CV: Kimura Ryohei), Olva (CV: Tachibana Shinnosuke), Kleiss (CV: Yonaga Tsubasa), Arge (CV: Ono Yuuki).
- Toki no Kizuna’s fan disk, Hana Tsuzuri, comes out July 25. I finally finished all the routes a couple weeks ago, so now I’m ready to play this. I really hope it has a lot more romance, since the original was so…dry.
- Vitamin R is coming out August 8, omg I didn’t realize it was so soon! See that’s why I do these posts, to remind myself of what I need to order Now I just have to figure out whose route I want to do first…I’m strongly leaning towards the adorably defiant looking pianist, Akagiri Eita (CV: Kishio Daisuke).
- Quinrose is re-releasing Alice in the Country of Hearts for the PSP as a pure visual novel!! Maybe with this I can finally complete all the routes. It’s coming out October 31.
- And more exciting, a new game from Quinrose, Taisho Kitan, about an aristocratic heroine that becomes a ’master’ of oni. Characters are:
- Senjuin Shirou (CV: Toriumi Kousuke), an aristocrat who also has the potential to be a master of oni.
- Asagayachi Akefumi (CV: Seki Tomokazu), an oni master who’s popular with female oni
- Souma Izuru (CV: Kondou Takashi), a quiet ‘water oni’ (suiki?)
- Izawa Omi (CV: Morikubo Shoutarou), a bright and active water oni
- Takeya Souji (CV: Yoshino Hiroyuki), a water oni who hates to lose
- Kusaka Keiichi (CV: Hirakawa Daisuke), an astronomy teacher
- The game is currently set for 2013, if I had to guess I’d say November.